SDMX Users Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: GPL Sdmx Abstraction API  (Read 5102 times)

JamesGardner

• View Profile
GPL Sdmx Abstraction API
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »

Hi!
i'm working on a Java SDMX Abstraction API... it uses OpenSDMX to validate an abstract pojo model... (and all properties are constained)...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sdmx-sax/

very early in development now... but can parse a compactdata, abstract it it's object model.. modify a property, and save it again...
i'm aiming for it to be strongly typed... and any method call that violates the MSD (is planned) to raise an exception, and rollback gracefully.. (well.. as gracefully as i can manage without using a transaction... which is why lots of things are done in a single method call..)

Erik van Ingen - FAO

• OpenSDMX
    • View Profile
    • OpenSDMX
Re: GPL Sdmx Abstraction API
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 07:26:25 AM »

Nice and very interesting! Lately I was having a look at the Stax implementation Woodstox. Did you consider also Stax?

JamesGardner

• View Profile
Re: GPL Sdmx Abstraction API
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 04:23:48 AM »

It's the first i've heard of it...
it doesn't look useful for what i want to do (which is pull sdmx data from different sources and display it..)
since you need to have a DTD beforehand...

Actually.. it does look interesting in that it's event based... like SAX.. but i'm already familiar with sax... but really.. whatever you can do with SAX... you can probably do with STAX.. just sax uses callbacks into a handler, and STAX is queried for it's state... different models to do the same thing...
Regards
   James Gardner
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:51:16 PM by JamesGardner »